Sunday, September 4, 2011

Why "Dear Bob"?

So, my mom always told me "So" was a horrible way to start any sentence, but I didn't want to be cliché and say " Hey y'all" or "hey everyone". So, I started with "so", I figure every good first blog post starts like that.

My blog is named "Dear Bob" because when I was 4, I saw Bob Dole on television. Now, I don't know why, but  my immature 4 year old self suddenly developed this giant crush on Bob Dole. As everyone can obviously tell, Senator Dole was quite the hottie back in the day. Really, who can blame me for having a crush on this hunk?
Bob Dole 
After seeing him on television, I decided that Bob was going to come everywhere with me. So Bob became my friend. He had dinner with me, watched TV with me, "hunted" pine cones in the woods with me and my wooden gun, had tea parties with me and Bear ( my teddy bear) and my other stuffed animals. Bob did everything with me, he was my best friend. However, Bob couldn't live in my house because there wasn't enough room so he lived in my fort in the woods behind our house. My brother said Bob was my " imaginary friend" but I'm still convinced that I was just the only one who could see him.

This story doesn't have the best ending for Bob...when I was eight my family adopted a family of five boys and Bob couldn't stand not being my best friend anymore, he was an emotional and dramatic guy. He threatened to run away if I didn't ditch my new brothers. Needless to say, I didn't ditch my new-found bros. A few days after the boys moved in, Bob ran away. I haven't seen Bob in 11 years, but I know he's out there somewhere, living a great life in someone else's woods. 

I named my Blog "Dear Bob" because I want him to realize I will never forget him, and that I still care. But I also named it this because no one else had a blog named "Dear Bob", so the availability was great! Plus, I figure it will be hard for creepers to find me ;) 



1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following this! And nice choice in background :D

    ReplyDelete