Monday, September 5, 2011

World Records, Epiphanies, Cookie Crisp and Summit Semester

I'm sitting here in my kitchen trying to figure out what I want to post. Which on its own wouldn't be too bad, but, I'm having to listen to one little brother practice saxophone ( he started 4 days ago....) and the other ones play StarWars on the wii. Anyone who has siblings should understand how hard it is to write/think with little siblings around. Luckily though, I have my bowl of Cookie Crisp!


 I'm almost positive its brain food  (contrary to my mother's opinion that it's totally worthless junk food), because I've had at least three epiphanies while sitting here. Which is saying something since it only takes me about two minutes to eat a bowl of cereal. Now, I'm no expert on world records, especially records about whose had the most epiphanies (How would they even figure that out?!) but I'm pretty sure if I keep the cereal-eating up for an hour I could set a new record for most epiphanies per hour. Of course I'd have to go buy more Cookie Crisp and I'm too lazy to do that, so I guess we'll never know. I could also probably set a record for eating the most cereal or for eating it the fastest...but again I'm too lazy to try right now.



I'm sure you're not reading my blog to find out about my record setting skills, as awesome as they are, so I'll get on with it. Four days from today, I will embark on an amazing journey to Pagosa Springs, Colorado!


Why Pagosa Springs? Well other than the fact that it's beautiful, mountainous, has cool weather, is dry not humid, and is just pretty much perfect (as if I need more reasons than that), I'm going to partake in "Summit Semester".


 Everyone I've told about this asks me to explain Semester, and honestly I find that hard to do. If you continue to keep up with me via "Dear Bob" you'll read weekly updates from me on what I'm doing/learning/thinking while at Semester. But for now this will have to do: " Nestled in the Rocky Mountains is a beautiful modern facility where 30 students will learn from some of the top Christian scholars in the country. Our environment will nurture spiritual formation and hone intellectual skills, while also helping our students develop strong interpersonal relationships. Our goal is to prepare students for the challenges they will face at the university while motivating them to be influential leaders, shaping the ideas of the culture for the glory of God and the good of our society."


I feel like this description cannot fully convey the awesome-ness of what I will be doing, but I hope you keep reading my posts in the future.

Words cannot express how excited I am to be going to Colorado! I will be there for three months, and will only have internet on Sunday afternoons when we go into town.  I'll be living in a lodge, miles away from civilization... ok so thats an exaggeration, but it is far away from actual cities and stuff. I will have limited cell service, so I plan on writing plenty of letters! If you're my friend on facebook my address is on there, so feel free to write me a letter anytime :)    

Well my brothers all decided to start playing their new instruments...at the same time... if you've ever heard an entire herd of cows all start dying of some horrible disease that causes their vocal chords to deteriorate at the same time... thats what my brothers sound like right now... I sincerely hope they progress quickly so that by the time I get back they will sound like musicians!   





3 comments:

  1. Very funny girl (who apparently buys junk cereal without her mother's knowledge...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know it's already in the 40's in Colorado? However, Jon Jon says the cold isn't really that cold, that's cool. I'm glad you are going to blog your adventure and I look forward to reading all about your amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lololol I was laughing throughout the whole beginning of this. Cause I can totally picture you ranting on about your records. Miss you weirdo. Hope you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete